Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I know the plans I have for you...



A year ago today I started my prayer journal. If you don't have one I suggest you start one. Not that I want to keep track of what I've asked God for and what He has delivered... but it's so good to see how my heart has changed over the past twelve months. It's especially crazy to see the irony and humor of God when I go back and look at certain things I was praying for and how He answered those prayers. Most of them were "no", many of them were "wait a while", and few of them were "yes". But I've been so blessed and the people that I've prayed for have been blessed. There are people in that journal that will never know how many days I prayed for them, but I hope they see the difference God has made in their lives this year.

My prayer journal went from asking for forgiveness all the time (because I didn't feel like I was worthy to ask for anything) and has evolved into
"Sun Stand Still" prayers. And ever since August 23rd, my vision has radically changed not only the way I pray and who I pray for, but my understanding that even though I got a glimpse I will never see God's WHOLE vision. Things that a year ago I would have brushed off as crazy coincidences are now being recognized as God's hand at work. It used to be that I just prayed and expected dramatic changes... but now I listen, pay attention, and if that doesn't work I ask Him to be so in-my-face that there's no way I can ignore it. (Warning: That prayer can often times lead to God pulling things out of your life that you weren't willing to get rid of yourself - but have faith it's always for the better)

The cover and theme of my prayer journal is Jeremiah 29:11 (see inset).picked it because a year ago today I knew that I needed to trust in God's plan. Every plan I had ever made had fallen apart at my feet. God had been trying to lead me for years and I kept walking down my own path instead of His straight and narrow one. 
                                


God has something so amazing in store for all of us but the hardest and best thing for you really is just giving up all control. Let go.

The secret is praying for the desires of your heart and aligning them with His Word. Pray powerfully.

The most meaningful way to acknowledge Him is to praise Him even during your hardest times because you know that something so abundant will come from your trials. Have faith.






No comments:

Post a Comment